Biyernes, Oktubre 7, 2011

Not Beyoncé's song...

    Listen, that is one word that you don't want to hear from a person you're having a conversation with. It's a way of showing no respect, to them and to yourself.


   I admit, I have problems in listening. I tend to forget what was being said because I lose focus easily, focusing on other things rather than the matter at hand will mess you up that is what I have been experiencing. I also forget to respond to the person talking. I go blind automatically, when a thought comes into my head. Having trouble in remembering, understanding and responding to what the speaker said that is what makes it difficult for me to listen.



FOCUS that is what clearly lack, my mind tends to wander of easily and makes it challenging for me to remember the details. After realizing the one thing I clearly lack, I started doing an exercise to not help me calm down but also to prioritize my thoughts. I close my eyes, relax, breath in and out in a good pace while imagining my head to be clear of anything. Then I conjure up a tiny dot in the middle and focus on it. With my head clear, and the dot on my mind, I open my eyes and become more relaxed, less worried which makes me focus easier.


    I keep on practicing this every time I feel worried about something. It helps me lessen my worries. I am aiming to be a great listener so others will be interested in what I have to say in the future.

1 komento:

  1. Those are really good tips for other people who have difficulty focusing on matters at hand. I like your suggestion of prioritizing your thoughts. Thanks :)

    TumugonBurahin